Martial Arts Day 2011 In South Germany
Posted by:World Wide Dojo
Martial Arts Association – International presented its third “Martial Arts Day” on September 9, 2011. The motto for the day “together instead of against each other” was truly realized when 1000′s of participiants came to train.
About 600 athletes participated in the martial arts day in Bottrop, Germany last year which was the limit that could be accepted for the one day seminar. In 2011 Bernd Hoehle, Headmaster of Martial Arts Association International, decided to present three workshops allocated to Northern Germany, Central Germany and Southern Germany.
Dr. Thomas Draxler arranged the “Martial Arts Day South at the sports hall of Schaafheim a small village near Frankfurt/Main. 240 martial artists came to Schaafheim and added to the numbers and therefore over 1000 martial artists were participating in 2011!
Blessing by Pastor and Charity Performance
The Southern seminars began with two special attractions. First Pastor Babu George, from India, blessed the event and its athletes. He also introduced his relief project “Tribal Mission”. Accordingly the local supermarket, REWE, initialized a charity performance in cooperation with Thomas Draxler. 135 sportsmen jumped rope for 1 minute and REWE subscribed 50 Cent apiece for the German relief action “a heart for children”.
Topics of the day
Five instructors could use two Tatamis (sized 12 square meter each) and three capacious training areas simultaneously for their seminars. Overall 22 Masters and Grandmasters presented their martial art. It was a well-balanced range of traditional Asian styles, modern self-defense, historical European fighting arts, boxing and some newly developed systems.
All sportsmen got a great opportunity to broaden their minds and train with great instructors.
Attending instructors and their styles were:
- Master Ralph Fischer (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu & Jeet Kune Do)
- Master Boris Bankl, (Kien Kun Do)
- Master Denis Nobari (Kyusho-Qigong-System – KQS)
- Master Christian Kremer (Thai-Kick-Boxing)
- Master Dirk Golstein (Kids Action)
- Grandmaster Uwe Hasenbein (Goshinkan)
- Master Marion Elsesser (Yoga for martial artists & European Self-Defense for kids)
- Master Gerhard Strahl (Hapkido)
- Master Peer Kaufmann (Kobutan)
- Master Markus Sell (Knights-Sports-System)
- Grandmaster Carlos Pulanco (Kombatan)
- Master Thorsten Isringhausen & Bernd Hoehle (Kali Concepts)
- Master Danny Koch (Taido Kokoro Ryu)
- Master Bernd Ebers (Boxing)
- Grandmaster Stefan Leifeld (Haraki-Judo)
- Grandmaster Andreas Rbesam (Jiu Jitsu)
- Sifu Erwin Timmers (Wing Chun)
- Master Jens Schniedenharn (Gun Defense)
- Master Michael Schweizer ( Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu)
- Master Andrea Capizzi (Sicilian Fighting Arts)
- Grandmaster Sascha Gothe (Arnis Kinamutay)
- Master Kerim Duygu (Kickboxing)
Teamwork and Friendship
It was a great seminar filled with respect, friendship and tolerance. MAA-I Headmaster Hoehle commended the achievement of the organization in fulfilling the goal of the motto, “Together instead of against each other”. Everyone felt the “True Spirit Of Budo”.
The next “Martial Arts Day” will be on June, 2 2012 in Soest, Germany (near Dortmund). Visit the web site at www.maa-i.com for further information.